Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wooburn Green Memories

Today is our last full day with Jasper, Mew and Purr and we'd like to thank homeowners C&D for the opportunity. Housesitting their home, as well as taking care of their adorable pets has given us memories that will last a lifetime. 

Mew is the less vocal of the two cats, but he and I have an understanding about each other and we've shared quite a few interesting conversations!

Dianne & Mew

As we've said so many times (to anyone who'll listen, really) we love housesitting and are ever so grateful for the experience. It allows us to temporarily live like a local in communities far and wide - something few people ever get to do. We meet fascinating folks who love to travel as much as we do, and before and after their vacation we often spend hours sharing travel stories. 

We enjoy strolling the streets at our leisure while oohing and aahing at the variety and beauty of the homes. If there are cookie-cutter style subdivisions in the UK we've not seen any. Here's a sampling of what we discovered in Wooburn Green. 

Vines and Hedges

Detailed Brickwork

Red Door

Two-Tone Beauty

Row Houses with a Twist

Semi with Bowed Roof

Tudor with Carvings


Stone Gargoyle

When we're out and about John and Jasper are usually ahead of me as I'm desperately trying to notice and take in every detail. Take for instance this vine wrapped three times around a wrought iron rail. John missed it completely!


He didn't notice these persimmons either.


Nor did he notice this pigeon perched in the middle of an arch above an entry gate.


While I was washing the dishes this morning I spotted Purr in the garden watching me!

Purr

One thing John did notice, however, was Jasper and I curled up on the sofa watching telly. I prefer to be behind the camera and I'm pretty sure I heard John say "Gotcha" when he snapped this!


Not that I mind. Memories like these are priceless.

* * *