Wednesday, April 21, 2021

SpringTime 2021

It's astonishing that nine l-o-n-g months have passed since my last blog post and if I'm honest, there were moments when I doubted I would ever add another. BUT, I'm here, I'm able, I'm thrilled and ever so grateful to post this update. So let's get to it!

First things first. My cancer diagnosis last August turned the world upside down. Radiation and chemo were my only options and after completing radiation last fall I began chemo ten days before Christmas. My final chemo treatment was April 7 and in celebration I rang the Bell of Hope. A special thank you to all the kind, compassionate nurses and doctors I've encountered during my treatments. 
 

Christmas 2020 came and went...as did my hair! 😉

Winter arrived. The pandemic raged on and to cope we stayed connected to friends and family via texts, email or scheduled online chats. Thank goodness for technology. 

Through it all John managed to get outside most days to walk, skate, snowshoe, or cross country ski and this winter was particularly beautiful. 

He also celebrated his 70th birthday this month. Happy, happy birthday, John!

April arrived and the last of the snow melted. It's been such a treat to get outside, witness the grass turn from brown to green, watch the buds on the trees burst open and savour the wild and garden flowers in bloom. 


















John received his first Covid-19 vaccine today and I should receive mine shortly. Then, we plan to return to Elliot Lake and enjoy the summer in the great white north. In spite of the pandemic and cancer and whatever else thrown our way... Life. IS. Good. 🙏


*  💖 *