Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Deer Spring

The ice on Trout Lake is melting. The following morning John spotted three deer on the lake just in front of the house.

The final one stopped to pose for a photo!


Then, the clouds moved in and a mist descended on the lake...


It was quite dramatic as it drifted in between the hills on the far side of the lake.


It's rained on and off for the past two days, and while the temperature has hovered just above the freezing mark, I'm confident spring has finally arrived. Whohoo! Hopefully, no one other than ducks will venture onto the thinning ice.

In between the rain we stepped out on the deck to soak up a few precious rays. Keegan was first to grab a chair for himself.


This morning Keeg and I went for a walk while John went grocery shopping. When we returned I explained I needed to write a blog post. Keegan just settled on the hallway floor, and gave me a look as if to say, "So. Just do it". I may be biased, but I think he'd make a perfect spokes dog for Nike!



* * *