Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Surf's Up

Yesterday's cloudy skies did not deter young or old from having a great time. With temperatures in the mid-seventies everyone hit the beach.

 

Since our arrival I've been gradually increasing the distance I walk on the beach each day. Yesterday I made it all the way to the end of the peninsula. There and back took me almost 2 hours, but it felt wonderful. Nothing better than dipping my toes in the warm gulf water!


John did the same hike earlier, and as always he ventured further into St. Andrews Park with its gnarled trees...


Some covered with moss...


Sheltering a deer...


Then, he spotted this guy...


In the afternoon John hit the surf in his kayak.


While another guy kite surfed further down the beach.


Great surf. Great sand. Great day!

* * *