Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Alice

Today we stayed close to the farm and one of the most colorful characters we're responsible for is Alice. As I strolled around the gardens I spotted her in the barnyard and called out to her. She not only wandered over to greet me, but replied in a donkey lingo I didn't quite understand but certainly found amusing.


Take a closer look at the photo above and you'll see her mouth open...that's because she's mid-sentence of giving me what for. 


Even more of a surprise she allowed me to pet her nose and get quite close. When John wandered past, she called out to him and well, I think these two have an understanding going on...



Or maybe not. While I was taking their photo she grabbed John's vest and gave it a good tug. Maybe she just wanted to remind him who's boss.



* * *