Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cute Keegan & Holiday Decor

Another dreary day here in North Bay, but we didn't let that stop us. John decided to cross country ski and snowshoe at the Black Forest Trails. As you can see from this pic there is definitely enough snow for both activities.


Keegan and I stayed closer to home. Usually when we go for a walk we turn right when we reach the road, but today we threw caution to the wind and turned left. My objective was to take some photos of the various Christmas decorations along the way. 


I had a specific house in mind, and it's very close to this yard. As we approached it my mind whirled with photo opportunities.



Imagine my surprise when I'm greeted by a gargantuan (as in freaking HUGE) St. Bernard dog sitting silently on guard at the front step! Keegan's reaction was much more mature and civil than mine. For one thing, he didn't turn the air purple with a few choice words. But needless to say, I forgot all about my camera, and with Keegan by my side just kept walking. 

FAST. 

Fortunately, there are other homes decked out for the holiday season. This is a close up of a garage. The stars are my attempt at giving the homeowners some privacy.


Even mailboxes are dressed for the season. I love the simplicity of this sleigh.


When we returned home I realized I hadn't taken a pic of Keegan, and because we all need a healthy dose of cute each and every day, here he is...


That chewed up toy at his feet is his monkey. It's threadbare and missing its legs, but it is his favourite. Like I said...CUTE!

* * *