Sunday, December 1, 2013

Kimtreelane & Ebenezer

This morning I headed to the Elks Lodge and the Witty Artisans 2013 Christmas Craft Show. There, I met my brother-in-law's sister-in-law (are you still following me?!). Anyway, Lynn runs Kimtreelane Soap Company, and you can visit her on Facebook.


The doors opened at ten and while I arrived shortly thereafter, the parking lot was full. I drove around twice to find a parking spot, but it was worth it. There were lots of super handmade items available, plus I chatted with Lynn & her daughter Kim whom I hadn't seen in years.

Photo courtesy of Capital Theatre website http://www.capitolcentre.org/


This afternoon John and I grabbed the tickets Keegan gave us earlier this week, and headed to the Capital Theatre to see the final performance of the musical Ebenezer. WOW. What an afternoon of toe-tapping, hand-clapping, tears and smiles. Kudos to the producers, cast and crew. We're grateful to have viewed this spectacular production.



What we especially enjoyed were the backdrops. Digital rather than paint, they changed at lightning speed to suit the play. The first scene (shown below) was inside Ebenezer's shop. My favorite scene, however, was of the streets of London on Christmas Day with the snow falling from the sky. 


The theatre itself is equally beautiful. On either side of the stage are three massive 'windows' that really helped set the mood. We thoroughly enjoyed Ebenezer, and returned home to tell Keegan all about it. He lost interest fairly quickly and grabbed his squeaky toy. Like any adorable pup, he had us at first squeakHope your Sunday was as special as ours!

* * *