Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Trails & Chicken Soup

I admit I felt bad staying so close to home yesterday, but with a sore throat and chills I really was under the weather. Still, I'm rarely ill and HATE having to adjust my schedule for anyone or anything. Good thing John made homemade chicken soup today. It always works miracles.


Right after lunch we headed to the Black Forest Park on Hwy. 11 outside of North Bay. The first thing we noticed was the amount of snow. There was at least five or six inches of the white stuff. Everywhere. We even had to park on the highway because the parking lot hadn't been plowed. 


The red pines were impressive, but with the trail snowcovered it was quite a hike. Snow came up over my boots, but poor Keegan's belly dragged along in the white stuff with every step. (Brrrr!) We walked the entire length around one trail, and returned to the parking lot where I bailed and headed back to the van.

John thought he might coax Keegan around a second time, but NOPE. The pup refused, and so within minutes we were back on the road and driving back into town. We decided to return to Laurier Woods Conservation Area which is becoming one of our favorite North Bay trails.


Today we took the orange trail. 


These rushes (below) tower over everyone, and I'm actually standing as I took this pic. 


And of course, I felt a need to snap another photo of the red berries. 


We walked for about an hour and fifteen minutes, and guess who fell asleep once we returned home? Yup. The guys! (Don't tell them I took their pics, but I'm still giggling! Funny, huh?! They are OUT. COLD!)


Maybe they should've eaten more chicken soup! 

* * *