Monday, November 25, 2013

Grey Cup, Walks & Naps



We're settling in quite well, and best of all Keegan seems to be enjoying our visit. After we oohed and aahed yesterday's incredible sunset, he insisted we watch the Grey Cup Game. He cheered when his favourite team, the Roughriders, won. Well, okay. Maybe he doesn't have a favourite football team and if the truth be known he slept through most of the game, but he certainly enjoyed John's lap.

This morning the temperature soared from yesterday's chilly -12C to a balmy -1C. Right after breakfast Keegan suggested we take a walk around the neighbourhood. I was concerned that our coats might clash, but he assured me all was well. I had pink for girls. He had blue for boys. We're good!


He's also figured out my passion for doorways, and stopped in front of this home so I could take a snapshot.


Being an equal opportunity employer, Keegan let me walk him so far, then insisted John take over when we turned around for home. Here's a pic of the two guys and this spectacular winter wonderland.


The highlight of the day? John has a habit of taking a 15-minute snooze after lunch, and Keegan thought he'd give it a try. By the looks of it, my guess is he's already a pro, and yes, it is possible to teach a two-year old dog new tricks.


 Not bad for our second day together, and best of all, Keegan agrees.  

* * *