Saturday, November 30, 2013

Laurentian Ski Hill Trails

Yesterday afternoon we jumped in the van and drove to the Laurentian Ski Hill. The tower structure matches the amazing view.


It was a cold, clear day, and the snow making machines were turned on.


The walking trails start just to the left of this area, and within minutes hikers are in the bush.


We followed the 1.9 km white trail and approximately halfway came across this blue building. For whatever reason an image of Hansel and Gretyl came to mind.


Near the end we spotted this huge gnarled tree and my brain conjured more weird images. I managed to keep them to myself, and was pleased when John and Keegan indulged me and my camera snapping fingers!


What is surprising is how fast Keegan walks. One would think having such short legs he'd be slower. If the truth be known, he loves to run. With the parking lot almost in view I handed him over to John and away they went. Who knew the little guy could tucker me out so easily!


The vote was unanimous, however. We all enjoyed the walking trails at the ski hill. It's a great place--even for non-skiers--and so close to 'home'.

* * *